As develop and implement a Performance Management Framework across the Royal Commission Operations & Maintenance Sector for the Industrial
City of Jubail, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The objective was to establish the current state performance baseline, against a number of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the Performance
Management Framework (PMF). To enable this, our team, led by our in-country manager, met with all department heads and respective management teams to develop an appropriate set of performance measures aligned to the organisation’s objective: “By 2021, we will be delivering a world class city infrastructure and built environment asset management service, that will enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Jubail”.
Through various workshops and interviews we applied an analytical, fact-based process to determine and agree on the following:
- the most appropriate KPIs for O&M:
- what performance is today, against those KPIs;
- operational and performance targets for each KPIs; and
- understand the gap to world class /best in class performance
By establishing this performance baseline as part of a structured Framework, it will better enable RC to move to an evidence-based reporting process. We are working with the Royal Commission to combine this baseline analysis with a new reporting capability it will also enable O&M Departments to improve the quality of asset management service as well as help to improve productivity. It will also highlight areas where further improvement is
required and provide confidence to the executive that new asset management practices being adopted are improving efficiency and effectiveness. Our following phase of implementation will see the development of this reporting tool and underlying measurement methodologies that will ensure O&M Departments can establish the tangible benefits of the asset management transformation programme.
- A Performance Baseline was established, highlighting areas of lower and higher performance, and variation in measurement methods and operational delivery processes.
- Gap Analysis showing a detailed breakdown of areas for improvement, both from a process and output perspective, as well as changes required to the measurement methods.
- Royal Commission of Jubail O&M Sector Performance Management Framework with supporting documentation such as measurement sheets, KPI Definition Cards, as well as methodology narrative for effective implementation and future coaching.